International contact person
All departments participating in an exchange programme must have an international contact person. Here you will find information about what is expected of you and what help you can get from the International Office.
As an international contact person, you are expected to:
- Act as the contact person at your department for matters relating to student, teacher and staff mobility.
- Enter new exchange agreements and update existing agreements in the agreement database.
- Have basic knowledge of the various exchange programmes that govern student, teacher and staff mobility at Umeå University.
- Provide information to students, teachers and staff at Umeå University about exchange opportunities.
- Advertise exchange places under the department's own agreements.
- Sign the Learning Agreement together with outgoing students.
- Provide information about available scholarships.
- Provide information about insurance.
- Forward information from the International Office and other external agencies within the field of internationalisation to students and teachers.
The International Office can provide you with:
- Information about how the various exchange programmes work.
- Further information from the Swedish Council for Higher Education.
- General advice on the process of writing contracts.
As the person providing further information to students, teachers and staff, you can find more information in/at:
- Studies abroad- aimed at Umeå University students who want to go on an exchange. Here you will find information in both Swedish and English about exchange programmes and scholarships.
- The agreement database, where both students and staff can find information about Umeå University's partner universities.
- International Student Guide - designed for incoming exchange students. Here you will find practical information in English about what it is like to study at Umeå University and to live in Sweden.
- Newly admitted students - intended for all students who have been admitted to Umeå University.