Transfer of credits

Students who have completed academic studies from a Swedish or foreign institution of higher education can be able to transfer these credits to a course, or part of a course, at Umeå University. It may also be possible to have other relevant education or relevant professional experiences accredited.

The general conditions for credit transfer are governed by the Higher Education Ordinance. Any student who wishes to have their studies assessed must have been admitted to Umeå University and be carrying out university studies here.

How does Umeå University process credit transfer applications?

Students submit their applications to the Degree Evaluation Office at Student Services, which processes the applications and ultimately makes the decision on credit transfer for studies at first-cycle and second-cycle level. As part of the process, the relevant faculty/department (or equivalent) will make a subject assessment. You will find more details about the process through the menu on this page.

More information about credit transfer can be found on the student web. This information can be used to help answer questions from students.

Whereto shall I refer students who have questions?

Students will find information about transfer of credits and a link to the application on the student web.

Students are encouraged to contact the study counselor at the responsible department or, for general questions, to Infocenter.

Maria Rudberg