MSCA-PF enables young researchers to move to a new country to carry out research and further their careers. Here are some tips for you who either want to do your postdoc in Europe or wish to host foreign postdocs at Umeå University.
I want to do my postdoc in Europe and fund this by applying for the MSCA-PF (Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship). How do I find a host?
- Search the EURAXESS database for hosting offers (Expressions of Interest).
- Be proactive!
If you have contacts in European networks, get in touch with them.
- Ask for help from your supervisor or your research colleagues to connect with their European colleagues – or turn to the Research Support and Collaboration Office, and we will guide you.
- Try to identify a European host as early as possible.
I want to host a researcher with an MSCA-PF at my department. How do I find a candidate?
- Post your hosting offer (Expression of Interest) on the EURAXESS portal.
- If you need help, please contact Agneta Hånell Plamboeck at the Reserach Support and Collaboration Office.
- Inform your research network and colleagues based in Europe that your department wishes to host an international research talent.
MSCA-PF aims at supporting the international mobility of researchers within Europe (European Fellowships) and beyond Europe (Global Fellowships), as well as helping to attract the best foreign researchers to work in the EU.
The grant usually covers two years' salary, a mobility allowance, research costs and overheads for the host institution.
Want to learn more? Go to the EU Commissions' guide: How to apply