Have you been harassed, discriminated against or abused?

If you feel that you are being subjected to victimisation, discrimination or harassment, you should first contact your manager. If you do not want to or are unable to contact your manager on the issue, you can instead contact the dean of your faculty.

If possible, it is good if you are also able to address directly the person you consider is subjecting you to victimisation, discrimination or harassment. Tell them that you do not accept the behaviour you are being subjected to. Also, be sure to document what has happened. Write down what has happened, where it happened and when. Also write down which persons were present when the situation arose. This can be good information to have to hand in the event of any further investigation of the incident.

If you would like more information, advice or support, you can contact:

  • The university's lawyers
  • The work environment representative for your unit or department
  • The equal opportunities representative for your unit or department
  • Occupational health
  • The staff secretary
  • Your union representative
  • The development consultant at Human Resources

Here you can read more about it.
Discrimination, harassment and bullying

Sara Rambe