Housing Office

Departments and offices are welcome to contact Umeå University’s Housing Office to get help in finding housing for international students and visiting staff.

The Housing Office accepts applications for housing, prioritises and sets up rental contracts.

Transfer of housing rented by departments

One objective during the implementation period 2021–2022 is to transfer rental contracts that departments have held to the Housing Office. Transfer requests are registered via the form Överföring av institutionsförhyrda hyresavtal.

Housing for international visiting staff

The Housing Office can find housing for international research fellows, postdocs as well as visiting lecturers and research fellows, and similar. The department or equivalent reports interest through the Housing Office's application form. This applies both to employees of Umeå University and individuals with other means of support. Further information and application form can be found on Housing for international and visiting staff.

Housing for international students

The International Housing Office, which is a part of the Housing Office, offers housing to incoming exchange students and fee-paying students for up to two semesters. The offer includes single bedrooms in a student dormitory. Further information and application form can be found on Student housing.

Holiday accommodation for staff

The university has access to two country houses that staff can rent for recreational purposes during parts of the year in Norrmjöle. Researching staff in need of housing in a creative and secluded environment can also rent Lidmangården in Missenträsk. Read more on Holiday accommodation for staff.


Application for housing

Departments can apply for housing on behalf of their international visiting staff using the Application form for housing.

For more information, please contact

Lena Bohlin
+46 90-786 53 36

Frida Fjellström