PostNord are the university's conventional postal service for letters within Sweden.
Your Special Delivery Service (YSDS) should be used both internationally and nationally for all high-priority consignments with stricter requirements on traceability, delivery reliability, transport temperature and/or shorter delivery times, etc. These types of consignments include:
- Imports: to allow Umeå University to keep a simplified customs declaration procedure, we need to provide Swedish Customs with correct statistics, and it is thus of vital importance that all imports are handled by YSDS. Please note that it is the ordering party's responsibility to ensure that each consignment has a clear addressee.
- Express consignments: such as documents, packages and pallets.
- Urgent domestic deliveries.
- Sensitive consignments: including biological samples, dangerous goods, temperature-controlled goods (dry ice, +2-8ºC, etc.), live animals previously.
- Bulky goods including instruments, apparatus and pallets.
YSDS chooses the ideal alternative for your item based on destination, goods type and priority. They ensure that the package is properly packed and labelled. They also handle consignment notes and customs declarations. With YSDS you can pass on all the responsibility for how your shipment will be handled or you can request that a specific company handles your shipment. YSDS also handle larger goods such as pallets and bulky goods.
Learn more about Your Special Delivery Service.
YSDS will also handle all imports as it is an important part of our reporting to the Swedish Customs Agency.
Postal services and transport at Umeå University collects and drops mail three times a day as shown in this schedule:
All incoming mail and internal mail is sorted and distributed by Postal services and transport. The mail is then received and distributed by House Services. Postal services and transport can also help you to transport examination documents to and from the examinations.
Mail drop 1
This mail drop starts at Vårdvetarhuset at 09:15 and takes about 1 hour: Vårdvetarhuset, Samhällsvetarhuset, Humanisthuset, Beteendevetarhuset, UB, Teknikhuset, Mit-huset, Naturvetarhuset, Molekylär (6L), Östra paviljongen, Facken, Akademiska Hus, Landskapsekologi and Aula Nordica.
Mail drop 2
This mail drop starts at Konsthögskolan at 13:50 and takes about 45 minutes:
Konsthögskolan, Designhögskolan, Arkitekthögskolan, Bildmuseet, Sliperiet, Farmakologi, UCMM (6M), Fysiologisk kemi (6M), Molekylärbiologi, Naturvetarhuset, Universitetshälsan, Uminova innovation, Fysikhuset, Biologihuset and Vårdvetarhuset.
Mail drop 3
This mail drop starts at Samhällsvetarhuset at 14:30 and takes about 30 minutes: Samhällsvetarhuset, Humanisthuset, Beteendevetarhuset, KBC and Mit-huset.
Mail is collected and dropped at the Förvaltningshuset and Universitetsledningshuset at about 10:45 and 14:00.