Föreläsare är Alexei Vorobiev, Avdelningen för materialfysik, Institutionen för fysik och astronomi vid Uppsala universitet.
Tid och plats:
Tid: Onsdag den 13 september 10.15-11.00
Plats: Fysikhuset, Bottenhavet
Structural studies of thin films on Swedish neutron reflectometer Super ADAM at ILL
Alexei Vorobiev, Division for Materials Physics, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Uppsala University
Super ADAM is highly competitive neutron reflectometer located at the best neutron reactor in the world: Institute Laue-Langevin (ILL). 70% of the time is reserved for Swedish users, while the remaining 30% is accessible for researchers in the ILL´s member states (including Sweden). This instrument gives Swedish researchers unique access to advanced neutron scattering. The access to the facility is granted through an evaluation process of submitted applications. The Super ADAM instrument is the only neutron scattering facility owned by the Swedish Research community. The Super ADAM project is therefore an important component for strengthening the Swedish competence on neutron scattering, through the operation of the instrument as well as the promotion of the utilisation of other sources and outreaching activities.
Brief presentation of the neutron reflectivity method will be given which will be followed by several examples of real studies on two-dimensional structures (mostly thin films) showing strength of the technique.