On 2 November the limitation on number of participants in the university's various premises is removed. The university's guideline to leave every chair empty is also removed from that date. Individuals who are not fully vaccinated must, however, still follow the general guidelines of the Public Health Agency of Sweden when it comes to maintaining distance to others.
In a previous decision from 15 September 2021, it was stated that those who visit university premises must be careful to follow the Public Health Agency of Sweden's guidelines and general advice to reduce the spread of disease and maintain a safe distance to others. This has, for instance, meant that the maximum number of people in university premises has been limited to a specific number for each room. This by leaving every other chair empty.
In order for the organisation to plan their teaching and other activities, the Vice-Chancellor has decided what will apply regarding limitations in university premises from 2 November. A decision regarding the remaining measures has not yet been reached, but will be reached in October.
This applies from 2 November
- No restrictions apply in the room booking system TimeEdit when it comes to the maximum number of participants in a room.
- Umeå University's guideline to leave every other chair empty and the recommendation to keep distance to others in all situations is also lifted.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated must follow the general guidelines of the Public Health Agency of Sweden when it comes to distance to others.
This applies until and including 1 November
- The university's recommendation is that reasonable distance must be maintained in all situations where this is possible. What distance is reasonable and possible varies depending on the situation.
- Umeå University's guideline is to leave every other chair empty in lecture halls, meeting rooms, staff lunch rooms, study spaces and similar.
- The previously announced limit of 50 people per hall is removed in university premises.
- However, in the room booking system, TimeEdit, the maximum number of people per room is still adjusted to leaving every other chair empty until 1 November.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated must be extra careful to follow the general guidelines of the Public Health Agency of Sweden when it comes to distance to others.
Stay at home if you are sick
Beside what is mentioned above, everyone must stay at home and get tested when sick, regardless of vaccination. This applies for as long as the Public Health Agency of Sweden deems it necessary.
Read the decision (In Swedish)
Stay updated on umu.se/en/covid-19