The purpose of this workshop is to develop your knowledge of portfolios of pedagogical qualifications as well how to create and use them. The workshop is aimed at both new and experienced teachers at Umeå University.
In this workshop we take a look at the requirements and guidelines for documentation and assessment of pedagogical qualifications that Umeå University and some other institutions of higher education have and discuss what pedagogical skill is. You will also get suggestions and experiences that will make it easier for you when you document your own pedagogical qualifications.
During the workshop you will be given the opportunity both to create the structure for your own portfolio and to begin to develop some of the documents that you want to include.
- What is a Teaching portfolio?
- The requirement for documentation
- What is pedagogical skill?
- The content of a Teaching portfolio – example
- A structure for my portfolio – individual work
- Assessing pedagogical skills
The number of participants is limited to 24.
Teaching portfolio I for the Faculty of Medicine
During 2019-2021 the Faculty of Medicine offers workshops (step 1 and step 2) with teaching portfolios as the theme. The purpose of the workshops is the opportunity to develop your teaching portfolio for your application to recognised or distinguished university teacher.
- Teaching portfolio step 1 focuses on those who want to start working on their teaching portfolio. The workshop focuses on the requirements and guidelines for documentation and assessment of pedagogical qualifications at Umeå University as well as the criteria for recognised and distinguished university teacher.
The number of participants is limited to 16 and the target group is employees of the Faculty of Medicine. Last day to register is one week before the workshop you wish to attend, but first come, first served. If needed the workshop will be in English.
Teaching portfolio step 1, 2021:
Tuesday December 7 at 13:00 - 16:00
Registration, step 1 (only for employees of the Faculty of Medicine)
Zoom, a link will be sent to all attendees.
Contact at UPL is Katarina Winka