The University pedagogy conference (UPK) takes place every other year at Umeå University. The next conference is 7-8 October, 2021.
Welcome to the fifteenth University Pedagogy Conference, 7-8th October 2021.
This year's main theme is "The good teaching environment 2.1". We are recycling the theme from the very first conference in 1993.
The conference is aimed at all teaching staff, pedagogical leaders, management and educational administration functions at Umeå University. In particular we welcome presentations that encourage active participation and presentations given in collaboration with students.
It is possible to present both in Swedish and English.
- Last day to submit your abstract: August 18, 2021
- Last day to register your attendance at the conference: September 24, 2021
- The University Pedagogy Conference: October 7-8, 2021
Submit an abstract or register your participation
Submit your abstract
Register your participation
Main theme and subthemes
This year's main theme is "The good teaching environment 2.1". We wish that you let the theme inspire your abstract. If you feel that you can not fit your abstract into one of the themes, please submit it anyway. We welcome all submissions.
We also have six subthemes that were present at the conference in 1993. We wish that you link your submission to one or more of these themes:
- Peak performance? Quality and outcomes in higher education
- Location, location, location. Physical and digital learning environments
- Active and independent students, sure - but how?
- Umeå in the world – the world in Umeå. Creating an international education
- Distance education – a second hand choice?
- Different perspectives on education – equal opportunities for all?