The University pedagogy conference (UPK) takes place every other year at Umeå University. The latest conference was 7-8 October, 2021.
The main theme for 2021 was "The good teaching environment 2.1". We recycled the theme from the very first conference in 1993.
The conference is aimed at all teaching staff, pedagogical leaders, management and educational administration functions at Umeå University. In particular we welcomed presentations that encourage active participation and presentations given in collaboration with students.
It is possible to present both in Swedish and English at the conference.
The conference site in Canvas has all the information about the conference.
Main theme and subthemes for 2021
This year's main theme is "The good teaching environment 2.1". We wish that you let the theme inspire your abstract. If you feel that you can not fit your abstract into one of the themes, please submit it anyway. We welcome all submissions.
We also have six subthemes that were present at the conference in 1993. We wish that you link your submission to one or more of these themes:
- Peak performance? Quality and outcomes in higher education
- Location, location, location. Physical and digital learning environments
- Active and independent students, sure - but how?
- Umeå in the world – the world in Umeå. Creating an international education
- Distance education – a second hand choice?
- Different perspectives on education – equal opportunities for all?