The startpage is customised based on your choice, but institution-wide news items and content is always visible to everyone.
You can change your choice at any point by clicking "Content filtered for" in the page header.
If this dialogue doesn't disappear when you click the button, refresh the page and click the button again. We are investigating this problem.
By choosing “I’m a guest”, you will only see institution-wide content.
Learn more about adapted content
Most departments at the faculty have an internal procedure for assisting the applicant in the preparation of applications and it is strongly recommended that applicants consult their departmental procedures before starting their application.
1. The application is drawn up in accordance with The Instructions for the Application for Docent and Assessment of a Docent Applications and is sent by the person who wishes to be assessed to the registry via email@example.com
a)Before submitting, it is recommended that the applicant consult the head of department, or whomever is designated by the head of department to assist in docent applications.
2. The registor will forward the application to the Secretary of the Employment Committee for Professors and Associate Professors (known by its Swedish abbreviation AKP which stands for Anställningskommittén for professorer och docenter), who will then submit the matter to the next AKP meeting.
3. The head of department is called to the AKP meeting where a preliminary review of the application is made. AKP provides feedback on the application and provides suggestions for adjustments that should be made. This can include the recommendation that the applicant wait to resubmit the application until such time that the applicant clearly passes the requirements needed to be awarded the docent title. The head of department forwards the committee's specific recommendations to the applicant.
a) Some recommended adjustments are minor enough that the committee does not need to review the application again and may give the head of the department or the chairperson of the AKP the authority to approve the revision as soon as it has been completed. Once the designated person (head of department or chairperson of the AKP) has approved the revision, the revised application is then sent to the registry so that the correct version is in the system. Inform the registry that it is a revised version of the previously received application.
b) Revisions that are more substantial will require that the application be reviewed by the AKP again. In these cases, the revised application is sent to the registry, so that the correct version is in the system. Inform the registry that it is a revised version of the previously received application. Once the application has be resubmitted to the registry, the secretary will submit the matter to the next AKP meeting.
4. The head of department proposes to the dean (or vice-chancellor at HH) an expert reviewer for the application. The decision is made by the Dean (vice-chancellor) at the Dean's Decision-making meeting.
5. The Secretary of the AKP contacts the appointed expert and provides the necessary information. The Secretary also contacts the applicant, who is instructed to send their application and related documents to the expert.
6. Once an expert has submitted their review, the matter is referred back to the AKP. The secretary will then submit the matter to the next AKP meeting.
7. The head of the department is called to the AKP meeting where the expert's review is discussed. Based on this discussion, the AKP will decide whether to recommend to the Dean to award the title of docent.
8. Dean appoints the person as docent at the Dean's decision-making meeting.
9. The secretary of the AKP updates the personnel systems with the information that the person is now a docent, as well as updates the payroll system in regards to the salary increase associated with the title (which is first paid out in the month after the person becomes an docent).