Instructions for application for a docent position and assessment of candidates
1. The application is drawn up in accordance with the Instructions for the application for docent and assessment of a docent applications and is sent by the person who wishes to be assessed to the registry via firstname.lastname@example.org
a) Before submitting, it is recommended that the applicant consults their head of department, or the person designated by the head of department to assist in docent applications.
2. The registrar forwards the application to the secretary of the Employment Committee for Professors and Docents (known by its Swedish abbreviation AKP, Anställningskommittén for professorer och docenter), who will then list the case on the agenda of the next AKP meeting.
3. The head of department is summoned to the AKP meeting where a preliminary review of the application is made. AKP provides feedback on the application and provides suggestions for adjustments when necessary. This can include the recommendation that the applicant waits to resubmit the application until such time that the applicant clearly passes the requirements needed to be awarded the docent title. The head of department forwards the committee's specific recommendations to the applicant.
a) Some recommended adjustments are minor enough that the committee does not need to review the application again and may give the head of department or the chairperson of the AKP the authority to approve the revision as soon as it has been completed. Once the designated person (head of department or chairperson of the AKP) has approved the revision, the revised application is then submitted to the registry so that the correct version can be filed in the archives. Inform the registry that it is a revised version of the previously submitted application.
b) More substantial revisions of the application will require a renewed review by the AKP. In this case, the revised application is sent to the registry, so that the correct version can be filed in the archives. Inform the registry that it is a revised version of the previously submitted application. Once the application has been resubmitted to the registry, the secretary will list the case on the agenda of the next AKP meeting.
4. The head of department proposes to the Dean (or rector of USBE) an expert reviewer for the application. The decision is made by the Dean (or the rector) at the Dean's Executive Meeting.
5. The secretary of the AKP contacts the appointed expert and provides the necessary information. The secretary also contacts the applicant, who is instructed to send their application and related documents to the expert.
6. Once an expert has submitted their review, the matter is referred back to the AKP. The secretary will then submit the matter to the next AKP meeting.
7. The head of the department is summoned to the AKP meeting where the expert's review is discussed. Based on this discussion, the AKP will decide whether to recommend to the Dean to award the title of docent.
8. Dean appoints the person as docent at the Dean's Executive Meeting.
9. The secretary of the AKP updates the staff administrative systems with the information that the person is now a docent, as well as updates the payroll system with regards to the salary increase associated with the title (which is paid out in the month following the appointment as docent).