Permit to look for work or studies
If you have a residence permit to conduct research in Sweden and you have completed your research you can be granted a residence permit to seek employment or explore the options of starting your own business.
In order to obtain a residence permit after your research
- you must submit your application before your current permit expires
- you must have completed your research
- you must remain in Sweden (a residence permit after research cannot be granted if you have left Sweden)
- your latest residence permit must have been for research in Sweden or another EU country
- you must be planning to seek employment or explore the options of starting your own business
- you must be able to support yourself during your stay in Sweden and be able to pay for your return trip home
- you must have, or have applied for, a comprehensive healthcare insurance policy that is valid for healthcare in Sweden (if you are not registered)
- you must have a passport that is valid throughout your entire stay in Sweden (if your passport is about to expire you must extend it, since you cannot obtain a permit for time that exceeds the validity of your passport).
More information from the Migration Agency