Payment of the fitness reimbursement

If you would like to receive a fitness reimbursement, you will need to request compensation via the staff self-service system PASS.

The fitness reimbursement is a maximum of SEK 2,000 per year. Read more about activities that can and cannot be reimbursed on the page Fitness reimbursement.

Employees are encouraged to request compensation whenever they have claims that meet or exceed the maximum reimbursement, instead of waiting until the end of the year.

You need to submit your claim to the salary administration through PASS by 8 December to receive your fitness reimbursement for this year.

Claims for fitness reimbursements submitted after 8 December will be registered as claims for the following year. Therefore, it is of critical importance that the scanned proof of payment is correct when submitted in order for the reimbursement to be registered on the current year.

Card or cash payment with receipt

It is important that you scan your original receipt or bank statement and attach the file in your claim in PASS.

You must submit all receipts through PASS by 8 December, in order for you to get fitness reimbursements in the current calendar year. Receipts received after 8 December will be registered as fitness reimbursements for the following year. Make sure all scanned receipts are correct and legible to make sure your submission can be processed in time.

If you submit an original receipt, the payroll administration will return it to you to scan it yourself before you can receive reimbursement.

Fitness activity reimbursements of direct debit payments

If you have paid for your fitness activity through direct debit (autogiro), you will receive reimbursement retroactively. Umeå University will reimburse you if you can show that payments have taken place. This can easily be done if you can show a scanned copy of your direct debit payments in a bank statement. You can only receive reimbursement on two occasions per year.

Acceptable proof of direct debit payments

Scan or photograph the proof of payment and attach it in your reimbursement claim before you submit it in the staff self-service system PASS. You do not have to submit any paper copies to the salary administration.


If you have any questions, please send an email to

Birgitta Berglund