Photo: Mostphotos/Simon Bergström
The premises are particularly suitable for secure exams and all exam supervisors are trained to ensure that exams are carried out according to the applicable regulations. The Exam Service Office also handles the administrative matters related to your exam and offers individual support to students with special needs.
You order here TimeEdit Exam.
Order special aids
Order for spring semester
Order no later than October 15 and you will have confirmed bookings November 15.
Order for autumn semester
Order no later than May 15 and you will have confirmed bookings June 15.
Exams during periods of lower demand may be requested and booked continuously, but no later than 20 days before the scheduled examination day.
Umeå University: 26,85 SEK per student hour. Extended writing time, per student hour: 298 SEK (billed to Student Services Office). Extra written exam proctor 298 SEK.
External: 30,70 SEK per student hour. Extended writing time, per student hour 419 SEK.
Booking of exam locations during periods of high demand
The Exam Service Office shall endeavour to minimise the use of external premises. During certain periods the demand for exam rooms is very great. We therefore wish to remind you of the applicable booking rules:
- Regular exams will be given priority over re-exams.
- In the case of scheduling conflicts, the earliest submitted request is prioritised
- You must provide at least one alternative date.
- Usually, the exam is scheduled with a start time of 8:00, 13:00, 15:00 or 18:00. But the exam can be booked with another start time.
See submitted orders/bookings
You can review your orders and bookings directly in the TimeEdit Exam booking system. Bookings are orders that have been scheduled. In the bookings, the date and time of the exam are fixed. Premises may change up to two days before the exam. Changes of premises from the Eastern Pavilion to an external hall or from an external hall to the Eastern Pavilion will always be notified to the department.
Additions or cancellations
If you need to change the number of places you have ordered, enter it in the Administrator Information field in TE Exam. In order for the department to be charged for the correct number of places, you need to make the change no later than 7 working days before the exam. Additional orders may be made, subject to availability.
Confirmation of change is seen by the fact that the number of seats has changed in the published schedule.
The easiest way to cancel is via the Administrator Information field in TE Exam.
Sign-up sheets - what applies?
Sign-up sheets must be at Exam Service Office no later than 12.00 two working days before the exam. Number of students who will be taking the exam must be adjusted in TimeEdit Exam no later than 7 working days prior to the exam.
The sign-up sheets must include the following information:
Information about the exam:
- Exam ID
- Exam name
- Exam date and time
- Course code
Information about the examinees:
- Names in alphabetical order (from A to Ö, sorted by last name)
- Complete social security number
- Number of students who will be taking the exam
The submission and issuing of exam documents
The exam documents must be submitted together with instructions and code page no later than 12:00 two working days before exam day.
The exam documents may be delivered directly by the department to the Exam Office, East Pavilion or they may be submitted at the following locations on campus:
- Biology building, Campus Services Office, 9:00-9:30.
- Humanities Building, Campus Services Office, 8:30–9:00.
- Medicincentrum, B41, NUS, per agreement.
- MIT Building, Campus Services Office, 9:00–9:30.
- Natural Sciences Building, Campus Services Office, 9:00–9:30.
- Social Sciences Building, Campus Services Office, 8:30–9:00.
Exam documents are issued at the Exam Office on weekdays from 8:00-12:00 or at the locations mentioned above. Please note that only authorised personnel are allowed to collect the exam documents. Identification may be requested.
Inform your students
Remember to inform your students about applicable regulations, including that:
- Students must sign up in order to take the exam.
- Students must present a valid ID in order to take the exam.
- Students must appear in the examination room at least 15 minutes before the start time.