Photo: Mostphotos/Simon Bergström
The premises are particularly suitable for secure exams and all proctors are trained to ensure that exams are carried out according to the applicable regulations. The Exam Service Office also handles the administrative matters related to your exam and offers individual support to students with special needs.
You order here TimeEdit Exam.
Order special aids
Umeå University: 25,55 SEK per student hour. Extended writing time, per student hour: 293 SEK (billed to Student Services). Extra written exam proctor 293 SEK.
External: 29,20 SEK per student hour. Extended writing time, per student hour 413 SEK.
Booking of exam locations during periods of high demand
The Exam Service Office shall endeavour to minimise the use of external premises. During certain periods the demand for exam rooms is very great. We therefore wish to remind you of the applicable booking rules:
- You must provide at least one alternative date.
- Regular exams will be given priority over re-exams.
- In the event of competition, the party that made the earliest order will be prioritised.
- Each exam room is typically divided into two sessions, which start at 9 o'clock and 14:00 respectively. However, these times may be altered in the event of a written exam lasting longer than four hours.
See submitted orders/bookings
You can review your bookings (both preliminary and planned ones) directly in the TimeEdit booking system. You will find preliminary bookings under "incoming exam orders", and confirmed bookings may be found under "exam schedule - planned".
The preliminary bookings are registered between 6:00-7:00 on the day on which you wish to schedule your exam; these times are subject to change.
Additions or cancellations
If you need to change the number of places, contact the Exam Service Office as soon as possible and refer to the correct booking number.
Additional orders may be made, subject to availability. Cancellations may be adjusted via the sign-up sheet. If a cancellation is made less than 5 days prior to the written exam, the department will be billed for the full cost of the exam.
Sign-up sheets - what applies?
Sign-up sheets are to be sent via email (as an attached document) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than five working days before the exam day. The sign-up sheets must include the following information:
Information about the exam:
- Booking number/ID number for the exam in question
- Exam date and time
- Course code
- Course name (In Swedish and in English, if the exam is in English)
Contact information for the department:
- Name of the contact person:
Information about the examinees:
- Names in alphabetical order (from A to Z, sorted by last name)
- Complete social security number
- Number of students who will be taking the exam
The submission and issuing of exam documents
The exam documents must be submitted together with the following completed cover sheet.
The exam documents may be delivered directly by the department to the Exam Office, East Pavilion, no later than 12:00 the day before exam day. Alternatively, they may be submitted at the following locations on campus:
Submission must be made no later than the day before the exam day:
- Biology building, Campus Services Office, 9:30-10:30.
- Humanities Building, Campus Services Office, 8:30–9:00.
- Medicincentrum, B41, NUS, per agreement.
- MIT Building, Campus Services Office, 9:00–9:30.
- Natural Sciences Building, Campus Services Office, 9:00–9:30.
- Social Sciences Building, Campus Services Office, 8:30–9:00.
Exam documents are issued at the Exam Office on weekdays from 8:00-12:00 or at the locations mentioned above. Please note that only authorised personnel are allowed to collect the exam documents. Identification may be requested.
Last day for orders relating to ordinary exams for the autumn semester
The schedule for the autumn semester exams is expected to be completed and communicated to the departments
Last day for orders relating to ordinary exams for the spring semester
The schedule for the spring semester exams is expected to be completed and communicated to the departments
Exams during periods of lower demand may be requested and booked continuously, but no later than 14 days before the scheduled examination day.
Inform your students
Remember to inform your students about applicable regulations, including that:
- Students must present a valid ID in order to take the exam.
- Students must appear in the examination room at least 15 minutes before the start time.