Inom MIRAI arrangeras seminarier, workshoppar m.m. Tre samarbetsprojekt har fått frömedel:
- Living arrangement and healthcare utilization in aging societies: an intercountry comparison between Sweden and Japan; Rong Fu (Waseda University) & Mojgan Padyab (Umeå University)
- Social economic status, lifestyle factors, and brain aging: comparison between Japanese and Swedish Community Cohorts; Izumi Matsudaira (Tohoku University) & Nina Karalija (Umeå University)
- Pollution of surface water by human pharmaceutical use; Xuepeng Qian (Sophia University) & Irina Mancheva (Umeå University)
2021-12-17: Seed funding for 24 new collaborations within MIRAI2.0
Nyhet, 2021-06-16: Många deltog i japansk-svensk forsknings- och innovationsvecka
Nyhet, 2021-05-24 MIRAI 2.0 Forsknings- och innovationsvecka i universitetssamarbete med Japan
Nyhet, 2020-10-06: Svenska lärosäten satsar på samarbeten med Japan
Nyhet, 2020-10-01: Kickoff för Mirai 2.0
Nyhet, 2018-10-29: Åldrande, materialvetenskap och hållbarhet på agendan i Tokyo
Nyhet, 2018-02-22: Japansk vecka på campus
Nyhet: Utbytesavtal tecknat med Japan
MIRAI 2.0 Research & Innovation Week 2021 (June 7-11)
650 persons had registered for the MIRAI 2.0 digital conference International collaboration in a digital era – Fostering innovative minds for the future, arranged by the University of Gothenburg on June 7-11. During the week the participants were able to take part of each other's research, compare experiences and to network in order to find ways for collaborations and exchange between Japan and Sweden.
MIRAI 2.0 will organize several workshops during the autumn of 2021. The workshops aim to follow up and deepen discussions that were initiated during Research and Innovation week, June 7-11 2021. They offer great opportunities for researchers from the Swedish and Japanese members universities to meet and start developing concrete collaboration proposals that can be submitted in the our calls for funding.
MIRAI Workshops 2021
Ageing Workshop (digital), September 28-29, 2021
The Thematic Expert Group Ageing within MIRAI2.0 organizes the workshop Ageing – Unlocking potential for new collaborations. The event gives researchers an opportunity to learn more about ageing in Japan and Sweden and develop project ideas that can be connected to one of the seed funding possibilities.
The workshop is hosted by Linnaeus University. More information, program and registration will be available on lnu.se/en/ageingworkshop2021
Sustainability Workshop (digital), September 28-30, 2021
The workshop is planned as a "working-WS" focusing on discussions and practical work to develop and refine research collaborations ideas and writing applications for seed funding. There will be no formal presentations. WS-hours: SE 08.00-12.00/JP 15.00-19.00.
The workshop is open to MIRAI2.0 member university researchers who participated in the Research&Innovation Week 2021. It is primarily directed at Young researchers, and in collaboration, more senior researchers are welcome. The application to participate in the workshop was done through submitting a collaboration research idea by 29 June. The researchers who have submitted research ideas for collaboration are contacted early July.
Hiroshima University and Karlstad University host the workshop. More information, program and registration will be available on kau.se/en/conferences/mirai-28-29-september-2021
For more information, please contact
Hiroshima University: firstname.lastname@example.org
Karlstad University: email@example.com
Monthly Artificial Intelligence Workshops (digital), autumn 2021
The MIRAI2.0 Thematic Expert Group Artificial Intelligence plans to hold informal mini workshops on the last Thursday of each month during the autumn of 2021: 26 August, 30 September, 28 October and 25 November.
Each workshop will be approx.. 1.5 hours long and consist of a general quick introduction, two speakers (one from Japan, one from Sweden) who will each give a short presentation (approx.. 20 minutes each), and then the meeting will be open for discussions on research ideas and interests.
The first workshop will be held on 26 August between 8:30 and 10:00 (SE), 15:30-17:00 (JP), on the theme AI Perception.
- Dr Chiba, Waseda University, Japan – Image Processing with Deep Learning
- Dr Carl Olsson, Lund University, Sweden – A Quasiconvex Formulation for Radial Cameras
Organisers: Professor Tetsuya Ogata, Waseda University, Japan, and Professor Kalle Åström, Lund University, Sweden.
Two senior Umu researchers have been nominated for to take the lead for the academic topics in MIRAI 2.0. These are professor Carl-Johan Boraxbekk, Department of Radiation Sciences within ageing and professor Carina Keskitalo, Department of Geography, within sustainability.
Åldrande – Aktivt och hälsosamt åldrande i Japan och Sverige
- Demography and Determinants of Health
- New Technologies for Aged Society
- Health Promotion for Aged Society (including: Biological and medical sciences of ageing; Social innovations and future policies for aged society)
- Materials for energy devices
- Low dimensional materials and surfaces
- Advanced characterisation of materials
- Bioinspired materials
Hållbarhet (vattenresurser och nya energitekniker)
- Carbon-neutral technology, including non-fossil-based energy generation such as hydrogen production, artificial photosynthesis, photo-voltaic system and carbon capture
- Sustainable Automotive Control Technology
- Global environment and energy technologies: Energy Devices, including fuel cells, solar cells and secondary batteries, and Hydrogen Technologies
Läs mer på mirai.nu
Innovation och entreprenörskap
Läs mer på mirai.nu
Inom Mirai deltar elva svenska och åtta japanska lärosäten.
Umeå universitet, Jönköping University, Karlstad universitet, Linköpings universitet, Linnéuniversitetet, Luleå University of Technology, Lunds universitet, Göteborgs universitet, Uppsala universitet, Stockholms universitet och Örebro universitet.
Hiroshima University, Hokkaido University, Kyushu University, Nagoya University, Sophia University, The University of Tokyo, Tohoku University och Waseda University.